Monday, March 9, 2009

Forgiveness is not conditional...

The title really says it all for this one... If you don't want to take my word for it check out Matthew 6:14-15...

14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.


Those verses scare me... I've been in situations where it felt impossible to forgive those who acted against me. I read these verses, but I'm like a man who looks at himself in the mirror and turns away and immediately forgets what he looks like(James 1:24 very loosely) It's sooooooooooooo easy to forget the fact that we are all broken people!!! I get to this place where I totally forget that! I start thinking that I am always right... I want to embrace Christ and his forgiveness and accept my brokenness and become aware of it in others... Christ has forgiven ME!!! The creator of the universe can forgive ME! This is basic stuff, but it blows my mind!

I've come so far in my faith through this whole experience. I really feel like I am exactly where I need to be at exactly this moment. I just want to make sure my life's song is praises to Christ:-)

Love and mucho randomness,

D

No comments: