Friday, August 15, 2008

Feast of Famine: Vol. II


Well, the last two days of the Feast of Famine were a little easier than the first three... Breaking fast was by far the easiest though:-) The thing that made the whole experience easier was having someone going through the same things with me. Anytime I got hungry I'd just shoot Brit a text to make sure she was feeling the same thing and she always was... The friends that God has blessed me with are absolutely amazing! I guess that is what this entry will be about. Don't get me wrong, the Feast of Famine was tough, but it would have been impossible for me without great friends. It really reminds me of the story in Daniel chapter 1 where Daniel and his three friends resolved not to defile themselves by eating the king's food. Daniel made the decision, but his friends stood by him and God stood by them all! Romans 12: 9-11 says:
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
I suppose that is my prayer today, that I might love like Christ loved, and honor others above myself. I want to be the kind of friend that others have been to me!

Recently, some friends and I were on vacation in Atlantic City and we were out on the beach after dinner and my friend Kent lost his camera to an accidental dip in the ocean... We looked for it to wash up, so we could get the memory card, for well over an hour and we were all tired and ready to go to bed, but it was a beautiful evening so we decided to walk back along the beach. During the walk I had a chance to talk to everyone that was there individually and let them know how much I appreciate their friendship and catch up a little bit on what was going on with each of them. I was so happy to be where I was at that exact time I felt like I really needed to pray and thank God for everything! Everyone that was there was Christ follower, so I decided I would suggest we all pray together on the beach before we went back in. Everyone seemed like they were feeling the same thing I was, so we just wrapped our arms around each other and took turns lifting up praises to the creator of the universe! It's hard to describe how amazing it feels to have friends who don't think it is weird when you ask them to pray with you!!! It was awesome!

Anyway, that's all I have time for today:-) I included a picture which is pretty much what my break fast meal looked like..lol...


No comments: