Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Day

This past week has been crazy. Things have happened that I am not yet, and I don't know if I'll ever, be ready to blog about in it's entirety. I do want to talk about how amazing my family is.

We lived through a modern day tragedy as a family. I don't mean financial trouble or small injuries, I mean full on tragedy resulting in a lost life. A life that hadn't experienced everything it should have experienced, a life that should have been a life much longer, and a life that left behind many memories with everyone that was lucky enough to cross it's path.

In the middle of this tragedy, I witnessed many characteristics in my family that I don't even have close to enough time to discuss. I would like to talk about one and it is the way everyone banded together to deal with it all as one fluid body. We laughed together and we cried together, we ate together and we complained about eating too much together, we wondered why together and we prayed to God to give us the peace to not have to understand together. We did EVERYTHING together! It was beautiful the way that everyone turned their own agenda over to God and to the service of the others.

I took some time away over the last couple of days to spend some time connecting with God and to visit a friend. It has been great to clear my mind and collect my thoughts. It was so great to be able to reflect a little bit. I have soooo much more reflection that needs to take place. I still haven't fully reflected on my experience at TOMS, let alone the experiences of the last week. God's perfect plan is in motion and all that's happened has been a part of that plan. We can't see how it all fits in now and maybe we never will, but I have faith that ALL things (good and bad) work together for the GOOD.

Much love,
D

No comments: