Friday, June 12, 2009

To Raise up a Society

Recently I've been spending some time thinking and journaling about how to most effectively pursue my passions. I have also been trying to narrow the focus of what I consider a passion. What I've come up with is not really that surprising, but I feel like it is super useful toward focusing my mind and being able to chase it with everything I have.

As per my last entry, I had been thinking about the "what ifs" in life and wondering how much easier life could be if I could just not care and feel connected to all those who are suffering around the world. I feel like it would be easier financially, but what good is money if you're miserable? I think it has been well documented, throughout history, that money doesn't equal happiness. So I'm finding joy in the simplicity of my life right now. I have applied for jobs and haven't heard back from any of them, but I have a peace inside me that is telling me that everything will be okay. I'm going to sell a few things and try to make some cash to live on for a while. If I get a call back for a job that would be great, but God will provide as long as I am pursuing the things He has laid on my heart. I have absolutely no doubt in that statement!

Anyway, the reason I started this post was to declare my focus for this season of my life. The broad goal is to help raise up a nation of compassionate children who know and care about global issues. The reason for my focus on this is because I feel that the only way to end the suffering of so many around the world, is to start with the children of today and teach them how to live. How to live as one world. How to live without focus on success, but on quality of life for everyone! I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I do know that this is what I'm here for and why I am where I am, and why I've done what I've done!

Keep your laces tied,
D

1 comment:

Missy said...

Derek, I believe in you and will be there for you . . anytime, anyway. YOU are amazing! God loves you and so do I!

Aunt Missy