Friday, January 2, 2009

Faithwaders pt. 1

So, I don't know if you've ever been aroused from sleep by someone saying that there is poo flowing out of the bathtub and toilet onto the floor.... but I have:-)

Last Friday and group of friends and I started out on a journey to North Carolina to catch the Mieneke Car Care Bowl in which WVU was playing, and then on to the Ridgecrest Conference center for the annual Faith Walkers Conference. The trip down and the bowl game were awesome and we had some great spiritual conversations and some not so spiritual conversations:-) Everything was great until the morning after we arrived at the conference center...

I went to sleep Saturday night after a great worship session with the band from OSU not knowing what I was about to wake up to... My first memory of the morning was hearing Billy get out of bed and walk into the bathroom and come out and sit on the couch. Someone else got up and went in the bathroom and I remember hearing a distinct EWWWWW!!!! and Billy was like yeah I thought the level looked high on the toilet...lol... Anyway, about five minutes later the poo water was pouring out of the bathtub and toilet and onto the floor!!!

I luckily had taken a shower the night before so the things I had to do to get ready didn't involve the bathroom because we had a sink outside of the bathroom. By the time I got out of bed it was time for me to prep my coffee and brush my teeth, both of which involved making it to the sink which was surrounded by a sort of mote that was trying to keep sleepy travelers from making it to the one sink that was sort of accessible.

Needless to say I straddled that mote and got the important things, like making coffee and getting rid of morning breath, done. It wasn't until after we narrowly escaped the flood that I first heard someone use the term Faithwaders. It was then that I knew I needed to blog my side of the story and let people know of the dangers of letting Billy go to the bathroom first in the morning... The only logical theory on how this whole situation went down is that he did SOMETHING when he went to the bathroom before anyone else was up:-) I guess we'll never know for sure though... Anyway, love ya bill-bill and sorry for being hard on you even on my blog...:-)

I'll probably write more about the past week a little later after a little more processing time!!!

Until then,

D-wreckasouras

No comments: