Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Real World - TOMS


After three days in California getting settled in to work for TOMS Shoes, I feel like I'm just now settled enough to begin to reflect on everything. Let me just start by saying that prayers have been answered with regards to my fellow vagabonds! They are amazing people and getting to know them has been a ridiculous trip so far! I spent all night Friday night talking and getting to know one particular teammate and I learned a lot about myself from talking to her. Really weird when that happens, but very cool! I really love deep conversation... I love it more than anything that is of this world!

I came here to grow as a person and I feel like having my history fresh in my mind is a great way to not commit the same mistakes. I've done lots of dumb things, but the crazy thing is, I have forgiveness that I'll never be able to deserve from God. That thought blows my mind! It's also cool to see how he's molded me as a person into someone who can handle the stresses of all that is and will be thrown at me. I mean I'll probably still make mistakes and get angry and annoyed, but just to see where I am now compared to even just one year ago is pretty amazing!

Anyway, here is a run down of everyone and I'll come back with something cool that I've learned about them in a later post/s. Ana, Tia, Liz, Hajar, Carolyn, Krysten, Sloan, Carmin, Jenny, Justin, Kelli, Blair, Caitlin, and, of course, me. All in all that is 14 and J-Dawg and D-Money are the only two fellas...

Anyway work starts on Monday and it looks like it's going to be crazy! I think we're gonna check out a church or two today so I'll try to give a run down of that assuming I can find time:-)

Love, Peace, and Toficken Grease,

D-Wreckasaurus

No comments: