Friday, March 16, 2012

Prayer via a song by Gungor

We Will Run
by Gungor

Create in me a clean heart, a clean heart
For I have turned my face from You
Teach us of Your ways oh God, oh God
For we have turned away from You
Lord have mercy

We will run to you, we will run to you

Turning from our sin we return to You
Father heal your world, make all things new
Make all things new

Your love and mercy build and shape us

Break us and recreate us now
Lord have mercy


Oh, bring us back to you

I absolutely love this song. So simple, so profound.  My prayer today is the prayer of this song:

Father, create in me a clean heart. I continually turn my face from the only truth that exists in this world, You. Teach me your ways, oh loving Father. Have mercy on me because my human nature is to sin. Because of the sacrifice of your Son, dear Lord, I don't have to live as a slave to this nature. I have traded my sinfulness for Christ's righteousness. So, I will turn from my sin and run to You! I pray, Father, that your love and mercy will build and shape me into the man you created me to be. I realize my pride and self-reliance keeps me from being made completely new. Break me and recreate me, Lord. Again, have mercy on me in my failure. Thank You for continually bringing me back to You. Thank You for Your continued mercy. Help me to never take it for granted. Amen.

No comments: